Wednesday 27 April 2011

Hot-Diggity-Dog! The Hotdoggin' IV party


I’m not much of a fan of hot dogs. Never have been. But I’ve changed my mind after attending my first Hotdoggin’ party at the GLC. This year was the 4th annual party, thrown by Ace Mackay-Smith. I can’t believe I hadn’t attended this event before – it has all the ingredients for a legendary party. Costumes, music, drinking, debauchery and... hot dogs.

It’s the last day of the season on Whistler Mountain so we headed up for a few runs. Then we screamed down mountain in our 1970s – 1980s gear, much to the dismay of other riders, who couldn’t quite grasp the sight of my boyfriend in his (very) tight florescent one-piece and mullet wig. I opted for a more 70s hippie feel, as did my roommate. We flew down to the GLC and kicked off the party on the patio with a beer and a gourmet hot dog.

I’m glad we got there early, for it meant prime seats by the entrance to watch everyone arrive. This is a party where you can tell the costumes have been carefully planned and chosen far in advance. When you can’t wait to don that amazing one-piece, miraculously found at the Re-Use It Centre, and strut into the party. I, on the other hand, felt it was time for a wardrobe change and suited up in my three-piece velour suit for the second time during TWSSF. Hey, I couldn’t decide what to wear!

Events of the day included the hilarious Ski Ballet competition, Hot Dog eating contest and Limbo. There was an appearance by both Jesus AND the Easter Bunny, who duked it out in a melee that had everyone rolling on the ground. What an Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment