Sunday 21 August 2011

Ladies Night with Mr. Whistler


It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it. For the second time in my spray-tanning career, I had the opportunity to tan a male model. Hard job, right? This time it was a contestant who was participating in the Mr. Whistler competition at Tommy Africa’s. As I bronzed his buff bod, he assured me that it would be an entertaining evening, and that myself and my girlfriends would most definitely be amused. He wasn’t lying.

Our group collects at the Mix, then we head over to Tommy’s for a night of girlicious fun. I get the luxury of sitting front row with another Whistler Exposed model and the judges, including Whistler’s own hairstylist extraordinaire Carlito Bonito, most talented mixologist Tia Stonier and former Miss Whistler Virginia Smith. One by one, the competitors hit the stage. Contestant #1 sets a goal for the following contestants to do 20 push ups (after which each guy intends to outshine the next). The ‘talent’ portion of the evening consisted of strip teases, air guitar and champagne sabre-ing. My favourite – the newly bronzed Patrick, who ‘baked’ muffins onstage, then treated us to a show of what was under the apron... a very tanned bum indeed. (thanks to yours truly).

Top honours went to Quatchi from Moe Joe’s. He took home a trophy, $350 cash and a Texas Mickey of Jack Daniels. Not bad!



Shannon and the Whistler Exposed girls always throw a great party, and more funds were raised for the Canadian Spinal Cord Research Association, their charity of choice. Don’t miss the next event! Next Friday August 26th the lovely ladies of Whistler will go head to head for the title of Miss Whistler 2011-2012, so be there and be ready to cheer! I hope to be competing, if I get summon the gusto to get ‘er done. Wish me luck!

1 comment: